Hey bebes! It’s time to sit down with a frosty raspberry margarita and catch up on the weekly gossip. By weekly I mean “from the past two weeks” because last week I had family in town! There was zero time to write up a post because I was too busy soaking up the sun on the beach, eating gourmet donuts and working like crazy. Let’s get into the craziness.
Do you know that feeling when your BFF comes to visit you and you can’t think of anywhere to take them because your town just seems so boring? Miami has been that way for me for MONTHS until my husband’s fam came to town to visit last week.
Here’s a small recap of what we did over the past 7 days:
- Robert Is Here! – Fruit stand in the Redlands where they sell delicious tropical fruit and milkshakes alongside a bunch of other things. There are over 60 types of honey to taste test (I highly recommend the key lime honey), a petting zoo where you can feed an emu (!!), a strange fruit called guanabana that literally melts in your mouth like cotton candy, alligator jerky… it’s an incredible place. I’ve been to a few fruit stands in the area but this one blew me away.
- Wynwood – Miami’s art district. We walked around looking at the different murals painted on the buildings and had breakfast at The Salty Donut. I had the cookies & cream donut and it was totally worth sitting in the rain to eat it.
- South Beach – While it’s expensive, we always try to stop for at least one meal at SoBe. There is nothing more Miami than getting a frozen cocktail the size of your head on Ocean Drive and people watching.
- Fort Lauderdale beach – We got married in October across the street from the beach so naturally we returned to the area last weekend to walk in the sand and collect seashells.
- Key Largo – One afternoon we just drove to Key Largo for lunch and ate at this huge tiki bar on the edge of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Stuffed our faces – BJ’s for pizookies, Flanigan’s for their wings, Hurricane Grill for appetizers, and pistachio gelato at the mall.
All of that stuff up there? It’s all within an hour drive from our apartment. I already have plans to go to Wynwood in the near future to check out some of the thrift stores that I didn’t get a chance to stop at last week. Miami, I appreciate you.