Yo! It’s St. Patrick’s Day and it’s time to get trashed and pretend you like eating boiled cabbage with your family. Grab a hand full of corned beef and a beer because it’s time to hear my weekly gossip.
- I have started to dip my toe back into the bullet journal community. I came across this weekly spread on Instagram by craftyenginerd and something inside me pulled my straight to my new bullet journal. I spent a good two hours playing around with categories and spacing and came up with a decent weekly layout to try and honestly, I loved it. I mean, it’s a little sloppy and there’s a lot of room for tweaking but it’s a start!
- I. Finally. Ordered. New. Tarot cards! For almost a year and a half I have been crying over how gorgeous The Starchild Tarot deck is but because of the price, I resisted the temptation and put off ordering it. Last week I bit the bullet and it should get here by the end of the day today or tomorrow!
- Daily writing is becoming a ritual of mine. Back in high school I read about how important it is for writers to write every single day. When you hear that it’s like, well duh, obviously you should be practicing if you want to be good at it, but that’s easier said than done. Over the years I had done a few 30 day writing challenges but once the challenge ended, I stopped writing. This week I added Write 750 words to my daily habit tracker and I’ve managed to stay on track. I’m hoping that this will get me back into feeling more comfortable with creative writing. I missed it.
- The past six months have been run on a tight budget but I found out that we had $150 on a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond, so we purchased a record player. It hasn’t arrived yet but in anticipation I’ve been listening to some of my favorite albums on Spotify. Specifically In Search of the Lost Chord by The Moody Blues and Frank Zappa’s Strictly Commercial which has this spunky instrumental goodness on it. I love trippy, psychedelic music so much.
- I have been working through watching all of the old seasons of MTV’s The Challenge. I just finished The Ruins the other day and I am so sad because it was AMAZING and I don’t feel like any other season will be able to compete with it. Nothing makes me happier than watching Wes tear apart a group of people.