Yo, it’s almost spring! Spring is a bittersweet time of year for me. It means that the Miami weather is about to get real fucking hot again but that pastels are back in season. While I pack away my sweaters and throw out the expired hot cocoa, I wanted to touch base on what I’ve been up to the past few weeks. It’s been another crazy month, what can I say?
- I went on two big trips this month! The first was to Gainesville, FL where I got to see a lot of alligators up close and personal and the second was to Chicago/Kansas to visit my family and some close friends. Both trips were a lot of fun, although after spending a combined total of 30+ hours in a car over the course of a week, I can safely say that I’m ready to relax at home for a little while.
- My car got broken into. When I came back from my Chicago trip I noticed that my phone cable, prescription sunglasses and my cosmetic case were all stolen out of my car. Apparently my apartment complex has had a string of break-ins over the past couple of weeks.. two days after I found my stuff missing, my husband’s car was also broken into! UGH. Luckily there was no physical damage to either of our cars, but I am feeling so paranoid now knowing that a stranger went through my car.
- I got hired! I start my second part-time job next month and I am SO excited! It’s just selling clothes at the mall, but I’m looking forward to the additional $$$.
- I discovered the show Shameless on Netflix and I am obsessed. I’m only on season 3 but I am loving it so far. Other shows I’m feeling right now include Riverdale and The Real World: Key West which I am almost finished with.
- I started a personal development bullet journal. I’m playing around with what I want to put inside it, but it’s a fun project that I’ve been working on in my free time.
- I dyed my hair blonde! Wait, maybe I did that in January?
- I got dressed up and went to a steakhouse for Valentine’s Day. My husband and I decided not to exchange gifts this year so instead we made a dinner reservation. Now that I think about it, I still have the chocolate truffle the waiter gave me in the freezer.. Mmm.
- My last name is officially changed! It’s so weird having a new signature.